Who We Are Celebrating 50 years
Sound Ideas started in 1972 when Tom Bonjour, a TCU student, and Jay Hornsby, a UTA student, opened their first location near the UTA campus in Arlington, Texas. In 1974, the company opened a second location in Fort Worth on Camp Bowie Blvd. In 1976 a new location was built on Pioneer Parkway in Arlington that served as the new company headquarters, and in 1984 we added another location in Fort Worth, off Hulen Street, to showcase our increasing custom installation business.
On December 31, 2005 Sound Ideas closed both of its retail locations and founding partner, Tom Bonjour, retired after a 35 year career in the electronics business. With Sound Ideas’ services still in such high demand, Jay Hornsby and son Chris Hornsby continued on with the company and the legacy that he and Tom had built. Sound Ideas was relocated to our current headquarters on I-20 and Campus Drive in Fort Worth. In 2016, after a 45 year career pioneering the custom electronics industry in the DFW area, Jay Hornsby retired.
As times have changed, so has Sound Ideas. We are now the oldest electronics integration company in Fort Worth, working with the area top builders, architects, and designers. Sound Ideas is still family owned and operated by Chris Hornsby and wife, Rachel Hornsby. Along with the help and support of the talented Sound Ideas team of employees. Our mission remains the same. To provide our clients with a thoughtful, well designed electronic smart home system, that brings comfort, security, and convenience to their lives.
- 1972 Tom Bonjour and Jay Hornsby opened Sound Ideas near the UTA campus in Arlington, Texas.
- 1974 The company opened a second location in Fort Worth on Camp Bowie Blvd.
- 1976 A new location was built on Pioneer Parkway in Arlington that became the new company headquarters.
- 1984 We added another location in Fort Worth, off Hulen Street, to showcase our increasing custom installation business.
- 1997 Sound Ideas celebrated 25 years in business, serving the greater DFW area.
- 2006 In January we closed our retail locations and relocated to our current headquarters/showroom on I-20 and Campus Drive in Fort Worth.
- 2012 Sound Ideas celebrated 40 years in business and became the oldest electronics integration company in Fort Worth.
- 2016 Jay Hornsby retired, and passed the Sound Ideas legacy on to the next generation. His son Chris Hornsby, and wife Rachel Hornsby now own and operate the company.
TRUST YOUR TECHNOLOGY WITH REAL PROFESSIONALS Meet our Team of Specialists
Plan YourNext Project.
Send us your details, and one of our friendly and knowledgeable professionals will reach out.